Motivation For Teenagers Losing Weight


You don't have to be fat! I'm not a teen anymore, but I was just a few years ago and I was fat. It's too bad I don't have any pictures from the time so I could show you a before and after type thing, but I destroyed all the photos anyone took of me. I felt terrible about myself. Kids made fun of my. I'm a guy, so it hurt when they said I had "boobs" or asked me how much I weighed. It was a very depressing time I'm my life. If being fat is depressing you, you've got to do something about it. NOW.

Maybe your parents have told you that you should like who you are and not worry about what other people think. School counsellors say that there are all types of people and you shouldn't submit to peer pressure. But the truth is that people are mean, and if you're fat, people will make fun of you. Whether it's to your face or behind your back, people can be cruel even if they don't mean to be. I'm not trying to make you feel worse, it's just a fact that many people are judgemental and if you don't fit into their idea of "normal" they're going to judge you.

Some people learn to deal with being overweight and don't mind all the problems (physical and mental) that come with it. I've even seen some sites on the internet about 'fat people' uniting in forums or clubs. There are also many new laws being passed about weight discrimination. But I'm not one of those people. I was a teen when I decided I wouldn't be fat anymore. I tried starvation diets, I tried exercising and failed at both.

Eventually said enough is enough, asked my mom for help (she had recently lost weight), and started going 100 percent at this losing weight thing. I decided I didn't want people laughing at me. I decided I didn't want to be the "fat kid" anymore.

How did I do it? I counted calories. I made a chart of what I ate every day. How many calories, how many grams of fat, how much protein and how many carbohydrates I ate every day. I looked up on the internet what my stats should be and what I could eat to lose weight. I started running along a path behind my house and in the next sports season joined the track team. Every day I ran five miles. I picked one day a week when I could slack. I didn't go crazy, but I ate pizza for lunch at school, I went out to eat at night, I had a candy bar and a soda while I watched a movie.

Sometimes during the week I had terrible food cravings. I really wanted to snack. My parents always had snacks laying around. I had friends going to McDonald's and I knew if I went I would get something because I was too embarrassed to tell them I was on a diet. I ran extra at track practice and I didn't snack at night before bed. In about four months I lost about 30 pounds. People said things like, "Wow you lost so much weight!", "Running is really paying off, man", and "Congratulations, I didn't even know you were dieting".

I felt awesome. Kids talked about how I got in shape and how I had changed so much. I know it's a bit superficial, but I felt so much better. I was no longer the fat kid crying on his way home from school. I was the kid who had a track-meet next Friday and was working to get my mile time under five minutes. I was the guy who didn't eat junk food because it was bad for me. I was the guy working out after school instead of "hanging out in the park"

I'm not writing this just to tell you about my success. I mean to tell you that if you want to lose weight, you're going to have to take the initiative to do it yourself. Your body is your responsibility. It's not going to happen overnight, but it can happen, if you stick to it.

Sometimes losing weight can seem like an uphill battle. If you're looking for more ideas about losing weight for teenagers [http://zenandlosingweight.info/lose-weight-for-teenagers] you should take a look at Zen and Losing weight. There's free advice and information weight loss for teens at [http://zenandlosingweight.info/lose-weight-for-teenagers]

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Nate_B_R

No comments:

Post a Comment