Two Weight Loss Books That Changed My Life


This year, I have read two books about weight loss that have completely changed the way that I look at food and my relationship to food. After I lost the weight using the method I outline on my blog, I wanted to make sure that I kept it off. These two books gave me some valuable information about how I could do this without driving myself crazy!
The first book that I am talking about today is Eat to Live, by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. This book has shown me exactly what different kinds of food are doing to my body. After you read this book, you will never want to eat processed foods again.
When I read this book and put it to use, not only did I lose a little more weight, I felt healthier than I have in my entire life. Suddenly, the fog in my brain lifted and I woke up each day with energy instead of feeling sluggish.
I cannot tell you the change that this book has made in my life. I am a believer!
The second book that I wanted to tell you about is Women, Food and God. This book has really helped me to see exactly why I feel the compulsive need to eat and is helping me learn to work out my obsession with food. I am almost done with this book right now, and I can tell you that I plan on reading it again as soon as I'm done.
This goes beyond figuring out if you are an emotional eater (aren't we all?!) and teaches you how to deal with your actual feelings instead of trying to numb yourself by eating all day.
I have been very happy with what I have learned in this book. The author gives workshops and retreats and I would love to attend one some day.
Anyway, you can find both of these books on Amazon. When you get to the Amazon site, you can read all the reviews, too, so you don't have to just take my word for it.
I hope you get as much out of these weight loss books as I did! Happy reading!
Check out Jen's weight loss blog [http://www.thefastwaystoloseweight.com/] to find out how she lost the weight.

2 comments:

  1. Usually weight loss book helps you to be more motivated on losing weight. Just reading books, we can get some tips and advices for any treatments we want to do in our body. By this we don't have to go to any organizations or centers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Charlotte, There are many benefits for reading self-help books. One of the biggest benefits is that for less than the price of a dinner at a restaurant, you can get great insights and information from some of the greatest minds in the world.


      Delete